Sunday, July 20, 2008

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

So I realize Lao Tzu was probably being a bit more literal when he wrote those words, but please excuse the slight misapplication of his work for the broader idea- I'm almost ready to go! That single step has taken about a month of preparation to be ready for. I'm going to miss everyone and all, but I'm ready to just go out and do things, instead of all of this planning!

This blog, as you've probably already realized, is to document my travels. Ideally, this won't be a "I did this, and then I said this, and then I ate this" blog, but rather focus on broader reflections of the journey. As an American student in Europe and then later Africa, I'm sure I'll have plenty of insights to share!

First stop is Paris, so you all will hopefully hear from me from a Parisian internet cafe later this week! Please leave comments, as I will be missing all of you and would love to hear your reactions, comments, and updates.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

First comment! Hooray for me!

Rachel said...

YAY KENYA!

that skyline makes me severely homesick. hopefully you'll get to visit kenyatta international conference center, the really tall brown building with the saucer on top. you can almost see the entire city from there. but i realize that's a ways away, so enjoy europe in the meantime! :)

Heather B said...

I will pray to the travel gods for you. Have fun and stay out of trouble... or at least tell me about it afterwards!

p.s. on a completely unrelated note, i got bitten by a wallabee!

Anjali said...

Have a great time and I'll see you in a month!!

Anonymous said...

DEAR ERIN. THANK YOU FOR THE ADDRESSES. WE WILL TUNE IN OFTEN AS YOU REPORT YOUR TRAVELS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES. AS AN OLD SONG GOES " HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN", FOR YOU AND BETHANY AND FRIENDS. CONGRATULATIONS ON ALL OF YOUR QUESTS AND ENDEAVORS. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT. LOVE FROM G AND G O.

debbie said...

So glad to hear from you. Love you photo! You haven't even left yet and I'm looking forward to updates. Have the time of your life, while being safe.
Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Adios chica! I am so sad that I will not be able to see/ hang/ party with you for such a long time! I know you're gonna live it up, so no need to tell you to have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

hello erin, the blog's a great idea and i look forward to reading about andrew's and yours adventures. (i thought it was interesting that 'dunia' means the same thing in hindi!) have fun and good luck.